Robert N. Geiger
Role and Responsibilities
Mr. Geiger is a principal of Grant Street Associates, Inc., a member of the Cushman & Wakefield Alliance since 2003, with primary responsibilities for tenant and landlord representation. With more than 35 years of experience in all facets of commercial real estate, Mr. Geiger is well-versed in brokerage, lease negotiations and financial analysis.
Prior to forming Grant Street Associates in March 1993, Mr. Geiger spent 14 years with The Galbreath Company in Pittsburgh, holding various positions, including: Assistant Building Manager, Leasing Manager, Director of Leasing and Vice President. Mr. Geiger has a successful record of working with numerous corporations and professional services firms, including: Robert Bosch, LLC; The Bank of New York Mellon; McKnight Properties; Chevron U.S.A.; Pepper Hamilton LLP; Kaplan Higher Education Corporation; Willis; and Vorys, Sater, Seymour & Pease, LLP.
In 2014/2015, Rob, teaming with his associate, Tim Goetz,negotiated the consolidation of two (2) leased office locations in Pittsburgh containing 150,000 SF into one (1) facility containing approximately 120,000 SF. Rob also negotiated the acquisition and disposition of various land parcels on behalf of Mellon Financial, now The Bank of New York Mellon. He also negotiated the sale of the 139,000 sf building located at 514 Smithfield Street that housed the original Mellon Bank offices and worked on the team that sold the Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland Building (231,000 SF) on Grant Street in Downtown Pittsburgh.
- Robert Bosch – 51,600 RSF office relocation
- Pepper Hamilton – Sublease of 20,822 RSF
- Willis of Pennsylvania – 25,000 RSF office relocation
- Chevron – Suburban land acquisition
- Chevron – 120,000 RSF & 67,000 RSF office leases
- Agency leasing services for McKnight Property Group – downtown and suburban Pittsburgh
Education, Memberships and Awards
- Certified Real Property Manager (RPA)
- Pittsburgh Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA) where he served on the Board of Governors for six years
- 2013-2016 Co-President of the Board of The First Tee of Pittsburgh
- CoStar Group’s Power Brokers for years 2006-2015