Timothy R. Goetz
Role and Responsibilities
Mr. Goetz is managing principal of Grant Street Associates, Inc. (GSA). He is responsible for landlord and tenant representation, owner and tenant relations, lease negotiations, analyses, and consulting. Mr. Goetz also serves as the primary liaison with Cushman & Wakefield, of which GSA is an Alliance member. Prior to forming GSA in March of 1993, Tim spent 19 years with the Galbreath Company in Pittsburgh, holding various positions including Director of Leasing and Senior Vice President. As SVP, he had responsibility for the management and leasing of nearly 6.0 million square feet of downtown and suburban office space.
Currently, Mr. Goetz oversees the leasing activities for more than 1.25 million square feet of office space on behalf of owners and landlords within the Pittsburgh market. Mr. Goetz was instrumental in helping GSA to secure agency accounts in excess of 2.0 million square feet with McKnight Realty to include: The Grant Building (450,000 square feet), Heinz 57 Centre (790,000 square feet) and the H. W. Oliver Building (468,914 square feet).
- Negotiated agency contracts and presently oversee leasing for McKnight Realty’s 2 million square foot Pittsburgh office portfolio.
- Negotiated agency contract and presently provide contract oversight for Zell Two Inc.’s 400,000 square foot Pittsburgh office/retail portfolio and ELTEQ’s 280,000 square foot office/retail property, Two Chatham Center.
- Have exclusively represented AR Building Company’s 250,000-square foot Pittsburgh office portfolio for 25+ years.
- Member of Grant Street Associates’ tenant representation team that exclusively represented Leeds (256,000 sf warehouse), American Eagle Outfitters (336,000 sf office) and Fisher Scientific (180,000 sf office).
- Participated in major C&W assignments for Chevron, AIG, Kaplan Schools, Reliant Energy, Jacobs Engineering and others.
- Worked with The RAND Corporation in negotiating 10-year lease and recently a 10-year renewal of the 60,000 square foot Pittsburgh headquarters for The RAND Corporation’s corporate service provider.
Education, Memberships and Awards
- Certified Real Property Administrator (RPA)
- Member of the Professional Standards and Arbitration Committee for the Realtors Association of Metropolitan Pittsburgh (RAMP)
- Past VP and board member of Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA)
- Member of Board of Directors for Asset, Inc. – currently Board President
- Member of Board of Directors for the Pittsburgh’s National Aviary
- Member of Executive Committee
- Bachelor of Arts degree in Real Estate – The Pennsylvania State University